Flip Through

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

48-Hour TBR Read-a-thon!

Hello chitlins. SO, Unputdownables is holding a 48-hour To Be Read Read-a-thon for this weekend and yours truly will be participating! For those not inclined to click through the link thar, basically it's this: pick a book or two that's been on your To Be Read pile for a while and try to get through it/them this weekend! YAY A REASON TO ENFORCE READING TIME ON MY DEAR MANCREATURE.

My books are: Weaving the Visions, edited by Carol Christ and Judith Plaskow (an anthology of feminist/womanist critiques of mainstream religion) and First Rider's Call by Kristen Britain (the sequel to Green Rider, a fantasy title). I'll have a nice bit of hefty theo/alogical philosophizing along with a good, fast-paced fantasy with a cool heroine!

I would encourage anyone reading to participate, certainly. You can sign up at the Unputdownables website and post a link on your own blog. I will be updating a few times this weekend with progress reports (when I find a moment betwixt grading papers and wrangling kittens).

Happy reading!

In other reading news, a new dating site has emerged for booklovers and literature snobs: ALikeWise. You put in all your basic info (sex, desired gender of possible partners, birthday, location) and then proceed to put you and your bookshelves out there for people to admire and click with. Personally, this is probably the only dating site I would ever use, if I needed or wanted to use a dating site. At least, the only one until I manage to create my own for librarians: Dewey Dating System.

3 comments:

Wallace said...

Diana, so glad you're participating! Can't wait to read with you this weekend. Weaving the Visions sounds duper interesting... I will be interested in reading your review later!

P.S. Gotta love a bookworm dating site, right?!

Carin said...

Wow...ALikeWise sounds VERY cool (I'm married though so I won't be using it. LOL)! Glad you are going to do the read-a-thon. I'm really excited about it! Good luck!

Diana said...

Thanks, Wallace and Carin! Looking forward to reading with you guys. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...