Flip Through

Monday, November 01, 2010

Candy crash

Dear readers, I hope you all had a marvelous Halloween weekend. When I rule the world, I will decree that when Halloween falls on a weekend day, all three weekend evenings will be open for trick-or-treating. This "ZOMG Halloween is on Sunday, what do we DO??!" business was just silly. However, it did allow me to here a totally new totally crazy anti-Halloween comment: "I don't celebrate Halloween because it's Satan's birthday and neither should you!"

...Satan's birthday? I wasn't aware that birthdays were ascribed to either the Christian god OR his main squeeze nemesis. Go figure.

At any rate, I STILL HAVEN'T HAD ANY CANDY CORN. Jeebus H. Cristobal, how did that happen? I love candy corn. Last night I got a call from my boyfriend and he said, Diana, I love you, but there is no more candy corn left in the state of Florida. So we made turtle brownies instead. Then we celebrated Satan's birthday by first, seeking advice from my Ouija board and learning that we will move to Canada in 3.5-4 years, second, predicting that our friend Tony will eventually pro wrestle for the WWE through a glass pendulum on a string, and third, finding out that cats will eventually rule the world via my awesome Llewellyn Tarot deck. Beetlejuice was also viewed, Dr Who and Rose costumes were worn, and a fine time was had by all. We had zero trick-or-treaters, but someone does seem to have stolen one of our pumpkins from our front stoop. ALAS.

And no, it is not even a little bit cold here yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...