Flip Through

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Oh nooooooo

You are probably all going to hate me and stop reading my word-vomit after this post, but I persevere in the name of faux-academia! Here's the thing--I am a big, big, big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a sort of fascinated-by-train-wrecks non-fan of Twilight (so basically I am everyone who has ever existed on the Internet). I am also currently watching Hex, an awesomely bad British paranormal drama which was canceled after two seasons.


I think you can see where this is going. For those who don't know, every now and then I get this urge to write academic things, mostly because that was what I did for four years of undergrad and now I never get to anymore and sometimes I miss it, because hey, who doesn't love writing academic things? And now that I don't have to write them, I can write them about things like TV shows! Excellent!

And I know, I know, plenty of stuff, especially feminist theory stuff which is of course what I will be doing, has been written about Buffy and Twilight. To my knowledge, Hex has not yet received such a treatment. I feel like I need to be that person. I intend to cover seasons one and two of Buffy (up to Angel's death in the S2 finale), all the pertinent bits of the Twilight series (because I HATE MYSELF), and Hex from season one up through the first episode of season two (Cassie's death). So yeah. Spoilers, obviously. Tell your friends, watch this space, etc. The Harvest is coming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...