Flip Through

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Selling my soul

Or at least my clothes.

As y'all have probably heard, Abercrombie and Fitch has offered to pay the Situation to stop wearing their clothes. Guess there IS such a thing as bad publicity! Anyway, it got me thinking: how much would I accept to stop wearing my favorite clothes? I mean, it's not like I have anything expensive--not even anything from A&F--but I do have clothing that I love, and here is a very scientific breakdown of just how much money you'd have to pay me to pry my secondhand Express pencil skirt off my hips.

"Inevitable Betrayal" t-shirt: $300. Yes, I paid ten bucks for it, but it's one of those t-shirt-a-day shirts, where after 24 hours is up they're hard to find, especially in your size, and COME ON it's a Firefly/Jurassic Park mash-up.

Bubblegum-pink boots: $375. I gave my friend Biemer $20 bucks for these babies, but they're worth so much more. Bright pink pleather ankle boots are hard to come by (maybe. Probably not. Whatever, give me my cash).

Aforementioned secondhand Express pencil skirt: $450. I LOVE this skirt. It's reasonably good quality, it makes my butt look good, and it's easy to wear in either summer, with wedges, or winter, with tights and heels.

Thrifted strawberry dress: $1000. Now, the actual value of this dress is likely somewhere around $5, if that--I don't remember what my sister bought it for from Goodwill back in high school. But I love it, it's adorbs, it's cool and sweet and light, and it's one-of-a-kind.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...