Flip Through

Monday, October 10, 2011

Basically, fuck Columbus Day

So, here in the US, it's Columbus Day. Not an observance I have much use for. Instead of whacking on about the history of the nation, I thought I would provide a few links for my dear readers' perusal.


The Native American Heritage Association, a non-profit charity for reservations in South Dakota.

I Am Not A Mascot, a fantastic blog written by an Oglala Lakota Sioux journalist.

Native American Heritage Month is next month!

My culture is not a trend, a Tumblr account chronicling instances of micro and macroaggression against and appropriation of native cultures.

The American Indian College Fund, which provides scholarships, fellowships, grants, and other education opportunities for native students.

2 comments:

Donna Banta said...

Thanks for the excellent links for the "holiday."

Diana said...

You're welcome! Here's another with some video and more links: http://indigenousrev.tumblr.com/post/11263181898/reconsider-columbus-day-indigenous-population

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...