Flip Through

Monday, November 21, 2011

Tales from the interstate

IT LIVES.

Yes, dear readers, it's true--I have returned. And here, in a nutshell, is my experience of a few of our Union's states.

  • The stretch between Ocala and the Georgia border in Florida is a Cthulhu-forsaken wasteland of anti-choice billboards and strip joints.
  • Athens, GA remains adorable and full of good food and beer. Given its size, I know a disproportionately large amount of people living there who are mostly unconnected to one another (seven, at last count)
  • Asheville, NC is downright magical. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Dobra Tea on Lexington, and Never Blue on Broadway. Three words: chocolate assam tea. Three more: mini meatloaf sandwiches.
  • Waynesville, NC is also pretty magical. North Carolina is forgiven for making me drive in Actual Falling Snow.
  • West Virginia seems to be a mostly awful place. Notable highlights: outrageous toll money on the turnpike, winding mountain roads with no lights, a bucolic scene of several kittens dragging a roadkill'd and/or still-alive unidentified animal across a street. Someone speak out in defense of West Virginia, please!
And, well. Now I'm in oHIo. Hire me, Cleveland companies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not post a comment.

I have blogs also obviously and would like to invite you to become my blog pal.

I mostly post about the South West experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art.

Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon… :)
Jesse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...