Flip Through

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Auditory flashbacks: The Conception edition

So I'm gearing up for a superpost about Conception's catalogue which no one on Earth will think is interesting except me; have some preliminary memory-based Feelings about that stellar band as I continue to gather smart-sounding thawts!

"
Silent Crying": and BAM I'm in a dorm in Maple Hall, sitting on my manfriend's long skinny dorm bed and listening to this song for the first time and trying not to cry myself, trying to decide how to tell him and my mother and my friends that I'm losing my faith.

"Cry": and BAM I'm in my car, driving to Orlando. This is the first time I've listened to Flow. I'm liking it--and then "Cry" comes on. It reminds me of the Doctor and Rose. It reminds me of my manfriend. I hit repeat five times before I can manage to get to the rest of the CD.

"Building a Force": and BAM I'm in my manfriend's car, where he's playing The Last Sunset for me for the first time. I'm not sure what I think of this track, of this CD, in fact; it's not much like Parallel Minds. I can't decide if I like it or not.

"Some Wounds": and BAM I'm laying on my bed with headphones on, because Manfriend says some music should be listened to through headphones, and the eargasm hits. This is the most fantastic song I've ever heard; even the rest of the band's catalogue pales in comparison; there is no song more perfect than this. This is music that should be listened to through headphones.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...