Flip Through

Monday, May 20, 2013

Another half-remembered amusing anecdote from Mormon literature

I heard "Land of Confusion" today in CVS and any time I hear that song, I remember that in Gadiantons and the Silver Sword, Garth disapproves of Jim playing his Genesis tapes because they drive away the Spirit.*

No really. I'm 99.9% sure that actually happened in the story. Reason #4,923 to leave the LDS church: secular fiction is so much better. That said, I would be totally up for a snarky reread of all the Tennis Shoes books...except I don't have any of them anymore, and I'm unwilling to spend money on them. If a dear reader out there has a few copies they'd like to unload, I'll pay for postage.

*little-known fact: the character of Garth was based on my stepfather.

2 comments:

Donna Banta said...

I would also like to read these gems, but like you, have intention of paying for them. lol

Diana said...

In this case I'm not sure I'd be averse to downloading, but somehow I doubt anyone's scanned them...XD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...