Flip Through

Thursday, May 26, 2011

To be blunt

So, there's this. I have to say, Matthew Vaughn: a catchy (maybe? Never heard it) song is not topping my list of reasons I want to see X-Men: First Class. Here are a few things that ARE topping that list:








  • Michael Fassbender and Kevin Bacon, being fine pieces of villainous ass.




  • The inclusion of Emma Frost, my favorite Marvel lady.




  • It's a goddamn X-Men film. I saw X-Men 3: The Last Stand at midnight opening night and it was a steaming pile of garbage and I didn't particularly care because it was a goddamn X-Men film.




  • The Sixties setting is intriguing.




  • I'm into self-abuse (the literal kind, and sometimes the metaphoric kind if I'm looking at Michael Fassbender), and I neeeeeed to know if this film is going to suck, based on its jacked-to-shit lack of continuity, even movie continuity, and its bizarro lineup.


Matthew Vaughn, Matthew Vaughn. Sir. Get real! There will be PLENTY of women seeing your film! Have you not been following the recent ridiculous conversation about female nerds? WE EXIST. And we don't need a fucking love theme to get us into the theatre. Jesus fucking Christ.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...