Flip Through

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Green Lantern (no spoilers, because I haven't seen it)

So. I have not yet seen Green Lantern. Maybe this means I should revoke my geek card, but I'm not sure I can be bothered. There are a few reasons for this:



5. I'm out of money at the moment and would prefer to reserve my cash for Captain America. Somewhere my mafriend is snickering because I hate Captain America, actually. BUT...


4. I also hate Hal Jordan. I like Ryan Reynolds, but every time I think about him playing Hal, I just wonder why Marvel didn't snap him up immediately for Deadpool.


3. None of the trailers grabbed me. They all seemed quite scattered, like they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to be. The Captain America trailers DID grab me, and that's why I'm looking forward to that movie. I have more inherent love for the GLC, but this film just does not look well-made.


2. Blake Lively? Blake Lively? This is coming from a place of love; I love Gossip Girl (or did until this season) and I find myself defending Lively to most people. But really: Blake Lively?



1.




John Stewart is my Green Lantern. I like Kyle Rayner ok too, but Stewart is where it's at. And frankly, I think the movie might've done better had Stewart been its main character. Hal Jordan is not the most famous superhero in the world. Chances are, if you even know what Green Lanterns are, you think John Stewart is the Green Lantern, because you or a nearby small child watches a lot of cartoons.


So like as not, I'll probably wait for Netflix to catch this one. Feel free to persuade me otherwise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...